Do you have a passion for taking care of pets and the people who love them?
At St. Charles Veterinary Clinic, we are passionate about the care we provide to our patients and clients. Our goal is to provide the finest quality care over the lifetime of our patients and to establish a permanent bond between our clients and our amazing staff of compassionate and qualified veterinary professionals. When you join our family you will be helping to create healthier lives for countless pets and their families.
By joining the Veterinary Technician team at St. Charles Veterinary Clinic, you can enjoy a meaningful career in a fun but professional team-oriented atmosphere. We value the personal and professional growth of all staff members. If you have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, strive to never stop learning, and have a fiery passion for vet medicine, St. Charles Veterinary Clinic may be the place for you!
Additionally, we often organize group activities outside of the clinic, including Kayaking on the Fox River, clean up at our adopted trail, and clinic appreciation day (tie dying shirts, food, ice cream sundaes, lawn games, and enjoying each other's company.)
As an experienced Veterinary Technician, you already know what it takes to be a successful veterinary professional. Some of the key skills that we are looking for with this particular opportunity include:
- Vaccine and preventative care knowledge
- Venipuncture and IV catheter placement
- Surgical experience (prep, monitoring, recovery, etc.)
- Obtaining a complete patient history and maintaining treatment records
- Pharmacology knowledge
Your talent and skill as a Veterinary Technician are certainly essential to your success in this role. We'll love your expertise, passion, eagerness to grow and learn, and ability to work well with a team. In addition, there are also some other qualities that are important to us. These qualities include:
- Maintaining a positive, supportive approach at all times
- Patience and kindness, compassion and understanding, especially in challenging situations.
- Client education and communications skills that convey our recommendations to clients in an understandable and professional manner
- Knowing that great results are only achieved and accomplished through teamwork and mutual respect
- The confidence to own tasks and responsibilities, and deliver positive outcomes
This is a full-time position for an experienced or licensed Veterinary Technician. Our goal is to attract talented veterinary professionals like you. In doing so, we have a flexible approach to compensation based on your skill level and potential. This includes:
- Health Insurance to include Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Time/Paid Time Off
- Continuing Education Allowance
- 401(k) & Roth Retirement Savings Plan
- Quarterly Team Rewards Bonus Program
- Pet Discounts on services and products
- Ability to join our VetCor Techlife Facebook of over 800 Veterinary Technicians company-wide
- Uniform allowance
Think you're the Veterinary Technician we're looking for? APPLY NOW so we can meet you!
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at St. Charles Veterinary Clinic and Vetcor. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all employees. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world. That's why we're committed to a workplace culture where employees are comfortable being their authentic selves, feel a full sense of belonging, and are empowered to reach their highest potential.